Abertay University are celebrating International Women in Engineering Day (INWED) this year with a video challenge and online event.
Event: Registration is now open for our online INWED event on the 23rd June (2-4pm). At the event you will hear from guest speakers, including ICE (Institution of Civil Engineers) 2022 STEM ambassadors. We will reveal our video winners and award prizes.
There is still time to enter the video competition:
Task: create a 2 minute video about a female engineer or a structure designed by a female engineer
Theme: INVENTORS & INNOVATORS #ImagineTheFuture
Deadline: 20th June (more details below)
Who can enter?
• Engineering and Environment students
• Engineering and Environment graduates
• Secondary school students
What do you need to do?
• Record a 2-minute video that:
• Features a female engineer or a structure designed by a female engineer
• Showcases the impact of the inventor or her innovation
• Explains how the inventor’s work or her innovation could shape future developments.
Video entry deadline is 5pm, on 20th June
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org via a shared drive such as One Drive, Google Drive or Dropbox marked ‘INWED2022.’
Video tips: The best videos will be both engaging and informative. Please think about shooting at a relevant location, using pictures or graphics and think through a plan for your content in advance. See more information and tips on the attached fliers.
More prizes: There winning video will be awarded a £50 Amazon voucher, 2 runners-up will receive a £25 Amazon voucher each (provided by ICE).
A panel of experts will judge all entries.
The winning videos will be featured in the online event on 23rd June.