The video challenge is open to all Engineering and Environmental Studies students, recent graduates, interns, placement students, and apprentices across Scotland as well as Secondary school pupils.
Abertay University has a track record in celebrating International Women in Engineering Day (INWED).
This year our INWED video challenge is on the theme MAKE SAFETY SEEN #INWED23.
Who can enter?
• Engineering and Environment students and graduates (College and University), interns, and apprentices
• Secondary school students
What do you need to do?
• Record a 2-minute video that:
• Features a female engineer or a structure designed by a female engineer
• Showcases her work
• Explains how safety was important in her work or the structure
The best videos will be both engaging and informative. Please think about shooting at a relevant location, using pictures or graphics and think through a plan for your content in advance.
There will be a total of £150 Amazon vouchers for the winning entries. Abertay University, The Institution of Structural Engineers and the Institution of Civil Engineers have kindly donated the prizes. A panel of experts will judge all entries.
The winning video will be featured during our Thursday, 22nd June online event to celebrate INWED23. Finalists will be contacted in advance of the event.
Send your video by 5 pm on 15/06/2023
Please share with interns, placement students, apprentices and graduates.
Find out more here: