Media are invited to attend a unique panel briefing on Friday 19th May 2023 at IET London.
One month ahead of International Women in Engineering Day 2023 – we’ll give you plenty of information for features as well as contacts in time for the official day (23rd June).
We’ve curated a panel of women leaders in the industrial sector who are ready and willing to discuss not only their own amazing journeys in the sector, but also uncover programmes and activities that their organisations are running to encourage more diversity with manufacturing and engineering. We’ll be talking about why the engineering profession is deemed too slow in developing a true culture of inclusion as well as uncovering new data on public attitudes to women in engineering. This is one briefing you won’t want to miss! This special media briefing / panel session is taking place on Friday 19th May from 10.45am – 1pm at IET, Savoy Place and the line-up includes:
• Dr. Hayaatun Sillem, CBE – CEO Royal Academy of Engineering
• Dr. Susan Scurlock, MBE – CEO and Founder Primary Engineer
• Dame Dawn Childs, DEB, FREng – President Women’s Engineering Society
• Katy Deacon – Chair EDI, IET Working Party
• Kristin Baker – VP Industrial & Process Automation UK & Ireland, Schneider Electric
• Aleesha Choudhry – Founder WeSpeak Mentoring
If you would like to attend (or have a colleague who you think would be interested) please hop onto our booking page.